Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pre-School Jitters

I'm starting my second year on Monday... and I'm scared out of my mind. I'm sure things will be great and I'll have students I'll instantly connect with, but I'm not sure of how many. Luckily I'm new at the school, so students haven't heard anything about me.

I'm also worried about how my ideas will pan out. Will my laid-back-ness make them completely unruly? I don't want to be a dictator, but will they be crazy without it? I don't know, but I'm going to stand by my philosophy that if you connect with the students, then good classroom management will inevitably follow because students will be willing to do what you ask. We'll see how it goes...

I'm also worried about trying out an Assessment For Learning classroom. (Read the book by the same name if you don't know what that looks like.) It is definitely non-traditional (yay!) but will it work with 30-36 students in each period totaling up to almost 200?

Well, most of these fears will either be realized or dispelled next week.... :s

No comments:

Post a Comment