Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Exploring MTBoS - What makes my classroom MINE?

I'm excited to be participating in the Exploring the MathTwitterBlogosphere activity! There's nothing like having a huge online community of people crazy enough to want to teach math collaborating together.

So one thing that I think is a defining characteristic for my classroom is that I refuse to have students just practice a skill on their own via a worksheet or book assignment. I always have turn that practice into an in-class game. I love games! My students seem to like it as well... unless we've played the game too many times recently (my current use of my collection of general practice games hasn't been thorough enough). If you ever have a game that let's students practice algorithmic skills, let me know about it. It will probably end up in the game collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment