Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What's Good About Traditional Math Classes?

Okay, I'll admit that the traditional math class isn't 100% messed up. It is more like 99% or 98%. It has some things going good for it:
1. Students should practice the algorithmic skills involved with Math.
2. Um... order is important I guess.

I wrote #2 because I felt bad that I could only come up with one thing. Since I could only come up with one real thing that traditional math classes have going for them, let's say that they are 99% messed up. Honestly, I'm having a hard time coming up with more things I like about traditional math classes. Maybe it is because I am so blindly intent about not doing what they do. It isn't that everything they do is BAD per se, but that there are so many BETTER things that teachers can do.

What do you think? If you were revamping a math class, what would you keep from tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment